Cowanesque Lake provides excellent boating opportunities for pleasure boats, canoes, kayaks, sailboats, or bass boats.
There are no limits on boat size or horsepower, but we ask that you observe the quiet "Slow, No Wake" areas for those fishing, enjoying wildlife, or spotting a fishing Osprey. Three boat launching ramps are available for your use.
Boat launching and mooring facilities are available at the Tompkins Recreation Area for registered campers and customers of the North Shore Boat Club.
Most important, when visiting our lake:
- Obey posted rules, regulations and lake bouys
- Look before you dive- it may be unsafe
- Wear your PFD (life jacket)
- Inspect your boat's safety equipment before boating to include required lighting when boating at night
- Don't drive your boat after drinking. Alcohol and boating do not mix!