Camping at the lake is an experience to remember. You can choose shoreline sites, fairly open sites or wooded sites. Overnight facilities are available daily, May 15 through Labor Day and are located at the Tompkins Recreation Area, on the north shore of the lake.
There are a total of 86 family camp sites:
- 52 sites include hook-up for electric, water and sewer
- 31 sites include hookup for electric and water
- we also offer 24 primitive sites and 16 primitive hike-in sites
- For additional information call the project office at 570-835-5281.
No one may camp more than 14 consecutive days in any 30 day period.
Campers and their visitors must park on campsite pads or campground parking lots only. A dump station is provided.
- For Reservations call the National Recreation Reservation Service at 877-444-6777 or www.recreation.gov.
- If campers fail to arrive on the day of their reservation the reservation will still stand until the site holder cancels with the National Recreation Reservation Service.
- If campsite is available before check-in time, you may proceed to reserved campsite and retrieve campsite and vehicle display tags at campsite post.
- Campground check-in is at 4:00 p.m. Campground check-out is 3:00 p.m., which is strictly enforced. Failure to leave campground before 3:00 p.m. may result in a late fee or citation. Campers arriving early/before check-in will be asked to wait in Day Use Facilities until 4:00 p.m.
- Due to Arc Flash/Safety Concerns, campers are prohibited from tampering with electric service to include the use of voltage meters. Electrical issues shall be promptly reported to a staff member.
- Please be advised that the electric pedestal, sewer, and water connections for this site may be located more than 30 feet away from the camping pad and may require additional electric cord, sewer, and/or water hose.
- Quiet hours in the campground are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., which includes the use of generators.
- Please obey all speed limits. Drive carefully and watch for children
- Pets are permitted but must be penned, caged, on a lease under six feet in length or otherwise be physically restrained. Electric fences are prohibited.