Camping at the lake is an experience to remember. You can choose shoreline sites, fairly open sites or wooded sites. Overnight facilities are available daily, May 15 through September 30, and are located at the Tompkins Recreation Area, on the north shore of the lake.
There are a total of 86 family camp sites:
- 52 sites include hook-up for electric, water and sewer
- 31 sites include hookup for electric and water
- we also offer 16 primitive hike-in sites
- a group camp with 24 sites is also available by reservation; water hydrants are conveniently located throughout the campground. For additional information or to place a reservation, call the project office at 570-835-5281.
Camping permits must be secured at the Tompkins Camp Control Building. No one may camp more than 14 consecutive days in any 30 day period. Campers and their visitors must park on campsite pads or campground parking lots only. A dump station is provided.
- For Reservations call the National Recreation Reservation Service at 877-444-6777 or www.recreation.gov.
- If campers fail to register within 24 hrs of check-in time without contacting the park office, sites will be released with a $20.00 charge plus the first night's fee, per established no-show policies.
- Campground check-in is at 4:00 p.m. Campground check-out is 3:00 p.m., which is strictly enforced. Failure to leave campground before 3:00 p.m. may result in a late fee or citation. Campers arriving early/before check-in will be asked to wait in Day Use Facilities until 4:00 p.m.
- Due to Arc Flash/Safety Concerns, campers are prohibited from tampering with electric service to include the use of voltage meters. Electrical issues shall be promptly reported to a staff member.
- Please be advised that the electric pedestal, sewer, and water connections for this site may be located more than 30 feet away from the camping pad and may require additional electric cord, sewer, and/or water hose.
- Quiet hours in the campground are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., which includes the use of generators.
- Please obey all speed limits. Drive carefully and watch for children
- Pets are permitted but must be penned, caged, on a lease under six feet in length or otherwise be physically restrained. Electric fences are prohibited.