The Friends are making a difference and others are taking notice!
- 2011 – Huntingdon County Business & Industry Greenovation Award recognizes The Friends as supporting tourism and economic growth in the county through their support of recreation and natural resource opportunities at Raystown.
- 2010 – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Excellence in Partnerships Award, this national award recognizes the Friends above all other Corps partners for their outstanding contributions to the recreation and environmental stewardship programs at Raystown.
- 2000 – U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Baltimore District Partnership Award, recognizes the contributions of The Friends within the Baltimore District.
- 2009 – Huntingdon County Community Improvement “Special Merit” Award, for the enhancement of quality of life and innovation in the area provided by the Allegrippis Trail System
- 2009 – Allegrippis Trails are voted the best cross-country mountain bike trail in the country by Men’s Journal
- The Friends have also been awarded numerous grants for projects ranging from Geocaching, to Hardwood Plantings, to outdoor education and everything in-between.