Located along shady banks approximately 1/2 mile below the dam, Corbin's Island (not really an island) offers a quiet, less crowded atmosphere. Nearby access to the cool, flowing waters of the Raystown Branch of the Juniata river makes this shelter a great place to picnic, fish and float the river all in one day.
- Open year-round, no winter maintenance
- Approximately 10 tables
- 80 person capacity
- Electrical outlets & lights
- Double pedestal grill
- Vault Restroom (pit toilets)
- No drinking water access
- Handicap accessible (restroom access limited)
- Small craft boat launch (learn more here)
- Additional picnic tables & grills in area
Shallow Water: The ramp launches into only 2-4 feet of water. The Raystown Branch remains relatively shallow and accessible only by shallow draft vessels.
Flooding: Because Corbin's Island is only 1/2 mile from Raystown Dam this area is prone to flooding. A siren alerts visitors to spillway operations and visitors should be prepared for changes in current and water level. For information regarding spillway outflow, click here.