Tioga and Hammond Lakes, along with Cowanesque Lake, provide wonderful opportunities for boating whether you're in a pleasure boat, canoe, sailboat, or bass boat. Together they offer 2,268 acres of water with 32 miles of shoreline.
There are no limits on boat size or horsepower, but we ask that you observe the quiet "Slow, No Wake" areas for those fishing, enjoying wildlife, or spotting a fishing Osprey. Five boat launching ramps are available for your use.
Camper boat launching and camper mooring facilities are available at the Ives Run Recreation Area for registered campers.
Most important, when visiting our lake:
- Obey posted rules, regulations and lake bouys
- Look before you dive- it may be unsafe
- Wear your PFD (life jacket)
- Inspect your boat's safety equipment before boating to include required lighting when boating at night
- Don't drive your boat after drinking. Alcohol and boating do not mix!
As always, park rangers are available to assist you in making your visit enjoyable and safe.